A colleague had the brainwave to have a pithy, short, interview style article in our regular internal newsletter as a way of improving internal communication – my name came out of the hat first.
1) Favourite city or holiday destination?? Bangkok in Thailand where I spent a fabulous 5 months in 1970 or maybe Las Vegas, as it is like nowhere else on earth
2) Dream job? astronaut or Space Shuttle pilot
3) Most overrated virtue? Chastity!
4) Favourite hero of fiction? Dan Dare from Eagle magazine
5) Talent I would like to have? The ability to sell!
6) Who would I like to have been in history? Frank T Courtney. He had an amazing career flying and his autobiography “Flight Path” is a good read – ISBN 0718304829
7) Most dangerous place? Kohat pass near Peshawar in Pakistan. Tribal area where you can buy opium, hashish and guns. Michael Palin visited there in his recent Himalayas series.
Most dangerous thing I have ever done? See my blog – http://www.georgeemsden.co.uk/?p=21
8) Favourite film? 2001 directed by Stanley Kubrick
9) Favourite Book? Dr Strangelove’s Game. A Brief History of Economic Genius
by Paul Strathern. ISBN: 0140299866 The only funny book on economics I have ever read. The chapter on
Karl Marx is a hoot.
Favourite writer? Nevil Shute
10) Perfect Day? Flying in mountain wave at Chos Malal in Argentina http://www.patagoniagliding.org.ar/english.htm or over the Sierra Nevada
11) Pet Hate? bulls**t
12) Favourite album? Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles or maybe Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.